Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tootsie and her babies


Some of our long time readers will recall Baby Girl and her family, who were rescued by PFA in Oct 2008. We found homes for three of the kittens, and I am still fostering Baby Girl and Emma, who are doing wonderfully.
Today, I got a phone call from Elizabeth, the woman who had rescued BG and her kittens. As sick as she continues to be with her cancer, Elizabeth is still rescuing cats in her area. She weighs only 88 pounds now, and there isn't a lot that the doctors can do for her, but this spirited lady still fiercely defends and shelters all of the strays that come to her yard.
Elizabeth was hoping that PFA could help with a momma cat, Tootsie, and her five 4 week old kittens. This family had been living in her yard, but she knew that they needed more: the safety of a foster home, good homes for the kittens, and sterilization for Tootsie.
I know that when Elizabeth calls me, it means that she really needs help. So Alanna and I headed over this afternoon, and with Elizabeth's help we rounded up the whole family.
As usual, we are short of foster home spots. So, for now, Tootsie and her babies are in my bathroom. She is alarmed by this sudden change of circumstances, so she's got all of her kids in my bathroom cabinet. I am hopeful that she'll relax in the next day or so and realize that they are safe.
I already have such a full house: right now I am also fostering Baby Girl and Emma, Honey, Blue, Pacer, Chika and her two babies, and now I have this little family too.
Can you help? The kittens will be ready to be adopted in three or four weeks, and at that point we will be able to have Tootsie spayed and list her for adoption as well.
If you could offer a foster home for them, please email me at badbunnygirl@hotmail.com
-Sarah

No comments: