Friday, May 29, 2009

Goodnight Peanut

My Peanut lost his battle about 15 minutes ago in my arms. As I blogged about earlier, today when I came home from work I saw that what I had been worried about had happened - the three bigger kittens had pushed him aside in Chika's nest. He was cold and hadn't nursed in some time. I tried to warm him up with the heating pad, massaged him, and tried to get him to accept a bottle. He perked up a bit, but not much. So, I tried to put him back with Sammy, where there was less competition. She did take him and nurse him for a short while, but when I went back a bit later he was in distress and being squished by his brother. So, I took him back into my care, and went back to my previous efforts. I know he was comfortable, and he wasn't alone. I promised him that if he could fight through, I would keep him as my own. But his breathing kept on slowing, and finally, it stopped.I really thought he might make it. This is really hard.
-Sarah

No comments: