Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rusty continues to improve!

Another note from Denise:
"Well Rusty is detoxing PHEW!!! Stinky. His eyes look much better today. Nicole and I were a bit concerned as he looked so pathetic. I let him stay out in the living room last evening with the other cats and they were fine. They stay in their own little areas. Kiji hisses at him. Raja wants to be friends and Rusty is tentative about that but then hisses and growls a bit. No aggression from any of them, just caution. Rusty and Kiji were sitting within 3 feet of each this morning in my room and were ok. I left Rusty on my bed sleeping in the sun again. He seems to be relaxing more and more. He wants to socialize so bad but I think is still in pain. He gets a bit upset if one goes near his hips so I take it they are painful. Otherwise we can scratch and kiss his head all we want. His voiding has been good. A bit of loose stool again but not as bad as before.

I think I will tackle his mats on the weekend. I didn't want to torture him too much too soon. He isn't too bad but there are a couple that have to be cut out. He loves his wipe downs. I use the kitty bath cloths and he gets right into it until I get near his back end then he sits down or meows at me to stop. He hasn't tried to bite me either in the past couple of days. "

No comments: