Monday, March 30, 2009

Monty the hairless wondercat




We wrote about Monty last week, and my how things have changed for him since then!
His rescuer Melissa was able to take him to the vet clinic, where Monty was tested for FIV and was found to be healthy. We had him neutered, and while he was under, they shaved him from head to toe, as his fur was so matted it was disabling him.
Monty has been eating up a storm since he was rescued, and is a very happy boy, albeit still a little surprised about the whole thing.
For now, Monty is living in my basement fostering room. He is still a little timid with new people, but every day he is becoming friendlier. I knew I won his trust yesterday when he head butted me :) I'll be honest - I can be pretty tough about rescue situations, but Monty broke my heart, and I am glad to have him here to help him regain full health.
Monty is also thriving with the special care package that Alanna brought him full of high quality food from Metro Pet Market, so that when his fur does grow back it will be healthy. Thanks, Alanna!
-Sarah

No comments: