Thursday, March 19, 2009

Guest Blogger: Mr Mom





I currently own a 1 year old male orange tabby named Garfield. He is the biggest cat in my house. Garfield is the most loving cat who loves to play and snuggle. Garfield can get a little rough with other cats in my house. When I found two 5 week old kittens in the dumpster just under a week ago I was concerned about bringing them home with Garfield. Garfield when getting a chance to play with other cats often gets rough. My worry was this would happen to the babies. To my surprise there was not even a hiss! All of the other cats were hissing and striking at them but not Garfield. He was curious, following them around where ever they may go. By Sunday he was Dad. He grabs them and cleans them, he plays with them and he is oh so gentle. He has even protected them from the other cats in the house that are still not happy with their presence. After watching this I was just amazed. I have heard of females taking on this role but never a male. So it was decided that Garfield's nickname is Mr. Mom.
-Shelly
(Shelly is currently fostering the two dumpster kittens that we wrote about earlier here: http://pfasask.blogspot.com/2009/03/another-case-of-dumpster-kittens.html)

No comments: