Thursday, February 16, 2012

What a difference a year can make!


Last spring, we blogged about a new rescued cat, Fuzzy Wuzzy, who had spent her winter scavenging in dumpsters in North Central Regina for food. I had watched her through the cold winter, trying many times to get close to her in vain as she was surviving on the streets in and around my home. In the spring, I started my annual round of trapping to catch and sterilize local strays, and was able to get Fuzzy almost immediately.
Upon examination at the vets, we discovered that not only was this sweet girl already spayed, but she was docile and tame! Sadly, she didn't have an ear tattoo, and despite filing found reports, we were never able to find her original owners.
Fuzzy integrated beautifully into my home as a foster cat, and last fall she was adopted by Brenda. Brenda has stayed in touch with me, and last night she sent me this photo of our Fuzzy-girl, all cuddled up on the couch with her mom. It is incredibly rewarding to know that this amazing cat has gone from being horribly matted, hungry, and cold, to being a pampered and beloved pet, all in the space of one year. On freezing nights this winter, I thought back to how sad I was to see Fuzzy out in the cold last year, and was so grateful to know that she won't experience that ever again. Many thanks to Brenda for her love and care for this amazing feline, and for keeping in touch!
-Sarah


No comments: