Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A fresh start in life for Sirius



We recently received an update on Pascal, now Sirius Black, from his wonderful adoptive family. This poor old guy was in such rough shape when we rescued him. His longtime owner had passed away, and Sirius had been left alone in the house with the body for a number of days until they were discovered. When Heather (Sirius' adoptive mom) took him in to foster he was depressed, timid, and fragile. However, as he recovered and bonded with his foster family, they realized they wanted to adopt this resilient feline. Now, as you can see from the photos, this wonderful senior cat has a new lease on life!
Heather says: "Sirius has two main buddies at our house: me and Neala (pictured above). He is just so affectionate and patient. He has only ever hissed at the humans in our house twice: once when I was trying to clip his back claws, and once when he was mostly asleep and Neala threw a pillow that landed on him. I have just discovered in the last few days that he drools when he sleeps! When he first came to us, I never saw him grooming himself. I'm not sure if he was just doing it in private, under the bed, but I got the feeling that he just wasn't taking care of himself. Now I see him having a bath regularly. He also sleeps on our bed every night. He used to take off under the bed when we got ready for bed, but now he usually snuggles in between Barry and I. He's a good cat to share the bed with because he doesn't get all put out when you move around and disturb his comfy spot (unlike some other cats I know!)." 
 
We are so grateful for kind souls like Sirius' new family, who reached out to a creature in need and have now been rewarded with a loving and devoted companion.
-Sarah


No comments: