Thursday, August 6, 2009

PFA and a new partnership


Now that People for Animals has charitable status with Revenue Canada, we are able to maximize many of our community efforts. One of these opportunities is to place some adoptable cats in the Adoption Center of the PetSmart store in the east end of Regina. I was in the store last night and got a detailed tour of the facilities, along with the chance to discuss the process at length with the management. I am truly excited about this partnership as PetSmart shares much of the same ideology as PFA when it comes to the importance of sterilization, and pet rescue.


We hope to complete the application process in the next few weeks, and to begin placing cats in the adoption center by Sept. PetSmart has a great track record of adoptions, and I think it will really help find homes for more cats.


Part of this arrangement is that we will provide volunteers to work in the adoption center. The duties will be to clean the cages, clean litter boxes, socialize the cats, and deal with the public if they want to visit with any of the cats. Shifts will be two hours long. I will be setting up a set schedule of shifts that need to be filled - we will be working around the already established shifts that the Humane Society is already filling.


I am posting this note to gather names of people who might be interested in working in the adoption center occasionally. Also, we will be looking for a volunteer adoption center coordinator to take things over from me once things are up and running (to recruit volunteers to fill shifts, liason with PetSmart, and work with me to place cats in spaces there). I know that many of you already do lots for PFA - please don't feel pressured to participate. I just wanted to make sure that I reached anyone who might be interested.


Please drop me a line if this might interest you.

Thanks so much,

Sarah


No comments: