Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bugsy almost a year later

Bugsy is one of PFA's shining success stories. In fact, his whole family are a great example of a happy ending.

After being trapped at a feeding station last summer by our feral team, Bugsy was neutered and treated for a horrible looking eye infection. Bugsy had never given any indication of tameness, but he was so calm that we brought him to my house for a few days for assessment. While he was still very timid, Bugsy quickly allowed me to handle him, and I fell in love. Flash forward a year, and Bugsy is a very contented housecat, adopted by me and my brood. He has had two eye surgeries, with the costs assisted by many PFA friends. Bugsy has gone from hanging in the basement and only allowing me to touch him, to being the king of the entire house and greeting all visitors with his distinctive siamese meow and rubbing his considerable backside against their legs. He loves to be cuddled and brushed, and he has even made peace with my hyper Korean chihuahua.

I took this video with my blackberry last night while watching TV, Bugsy on my lap, Blue (PFA foster cat) at my elbow, Atti (my rescued Korean dog) on the couch opposite, and Chopper (my rescued 15 year old chihuahua) beside us. Domestic Bliss!

-Sarah

No comments: