Thursday, April 2, 2009

Monty the bald cat update

Just an update on this sweet black and white guy.
He is still eating up a storm, and loves his soft food with fish oil mixed in to help him regrow a lovely fur coat.
Two nights ago he decided to settle in on my lap and have a nap. It was so sweet. Last night when I went to his room to watch the news with him, he jumped up on my lap right away, and spent an hour washing himself, snuggling, and playing with me. Monty is also starting to "talk" more, both to me, and to the other cats. He is still in his own room, but last night I let my little fluffy white Frankie cat in to visit, and Monty chirped away to him. He is clearly not aggressive with other cats, and is only interested in being friends.
This morning when I went in with his breakfast, it was clear that for the first time, Monty had actually snuggled into one of the beds I made up for him with a big soft blanket, rather than sleeping on the wooden ledge, as he had been since he was rescued. This big guy is finally relaxing and learning to trust that he is safe!
-Sarah

No comments: