Monday, April 6, 2009

Another momma cat and kittens in need










Some of our long time readers and volunteers will remember the first case of dumpster kittens, last fall. Since then, we had developed our suspicions about where the kittens had come from, and who had dumped them, until we were relatively certain that we knew who and where it was. However, with no concrete proof, there was no way we could make a report to animal protection. With kitten season upon us, several of us in pet rescue couldn't bear to think that this same home likely still had an intact female cat who would be having more kittens who might suffer the same fate.

Today, Pat, our intrepid President and head of Pet Rescue, took things into her capable hands and dropped by the home in question. She came right out and asked if they had any kittens, and did they want help with them. She left with the momma cat (who they called "useless") and five kittens, about 5 weeks old. There is no question, looking at her and these babies, that she is also the momma of the sweet kittens that Carol rescued last October.

Everyone seems to be in relatively good health. We have named the momma "Lola". She is an incredibly attentive mother to her babies. Once they are old enough to be weaned and adopted out she will be spayed, and listed for adoption. Never again will she be called "useless" and forced to bear litter after litter of unwanted kittens.

And, once again, I have kittens and a momma cat in my bathroom who need a foster home. I have three fosters of my own, on top of my 6 cats and my dog. And my mother arrives for a visit on Thursday! Can anyone help? The kittens will be old enough to be adopted in two weeks or so. If you can, please email me directly at badbunnygirl@hotmail.com
-Sarah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG - I wanted to cry for saddness and joy about this story. I am so happy she is out of that horrible home and on her way to a better life. I hope that home never has another cat again.

Leanne