Friday, January 27, 2012

The Tale of Tuck

We recently received a request for help with a rescued stray from a young man who has given a home to several strays in the last few years, and who finds that while his heart is big enough for one more, his home is not. So he contacted us about Tuck, who currently resides in his garage.  

He has been caring for Tuck for a few months now, ever since he showed up hungry and lonely, he has shared Tuck's tale:

Tuck is a stray who was hanging around my house looking for something to eat. He had the saddest eyes I have ever seen. Honestly, he broke my heart, you could tell that he had never had a friend in his life.

He would always eat the food, but would wait until I was out of reach. Eventually, I was able to pet him while he was eating, and that was it. 

"Really", said Tuck "this is what being petted is all about? Have I been missing out!" 


Since then he will come up to me looking to be petted. I can pick him up and hold him and  he will sit on my lap. In some ways, he is like a little dog, the way he is so excited to see me when I get home.

Cats are cats, and Tuck is no exception. There are two things that he does: 1. Tuck will stand up and put his paws on you, just like a dog.  2.  He loves to give kitty kisses (he rubs his jowls against your face when you hold him and on occasion he will give a gentle love bite.)

Like most rescued strays, Tuck loves food more than anything, no matter what is going on,  if there is food that is where he wants to be. 


I really want to find him a forever home, and would ask that wherever he his fostered that I please be allowed to visit him once in a while until he is adopted.






We are touched by both Tuck the cat, and the kind and caring man who rescued him and has given him such good care. Tuck will be available for adoption shortly! 


-Alanna

No comments: