Monday, January 17, 2011

Sweet Hitch is full of surprises

Hitch hanging out with everyone in the kitchen
Hitch and Bugsy

Hitch and my 9 month old son, Logan



When I took on loveable Hitch as my most recent foster cat for PFA, I had a number of worrisome assumptions about him. He has proved me wrong on all of them!
1. I expected that Hitch, rescued after living outside under a deck for over a year, would be timid. Instead he settled into my lap on our first meeting, rolled over and exposed his soft belly, and purred. Oh, and he chirps conversation to me every day.
2. As a grizzled older tomcat, I assumed that Hitch would try to dominate my own 5 cats, and likely clash with my Bugsy, another reformed tomcat from the streets. Instead he has proven to be extremely submissive with everyone, and has even decided to make Bugsy his best friend!
3. My son Logan is very loud, unpredictable and grabby, as most babies are. I presumed that Hitch would avoid Logan, as most of my own cats do. Nope. He loves him. Today he hung out with him, head butting and purring, and flopped over so Logan could more easily grab him!
4. I worried that Hitch would be aggressive with my excitable small dog, as many cats taken from the street have had negative experiences with dog attacks. While he doesn't love her, all Hitch does is avoid my dog. No swipes, or charging at her.
Doesn't he sound like the perfect cat? Hitch is amazing. What a resilient, loving, cuddly soul. He really is the kind of adaptable cat who has the ability to do well in almost every kind of home. Please consider him if you are looking for a new feline family member. Black cats so often get overlooked, and this guy is a true gem. Hitch's adoption ad can be seen by clicking HERE.
-Sarah

No comments: