Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The rescue of Lil' One



On Sunday, I went for brunch with a friend, and came home mid afternoon. As we drove up to my house, I glimpsed a small black kitten on the sidewalk trying to rub against the ankles of uncaring passerby. She was clearly too small to be out on her own. I walked over and picked her up. She was very thin, but very friendly, and began to purr right away. She had a terrible case of ear mites, and was limping on one of her back legs. Poor little girl. I took her into my house and settled her down with a soft bed and some food and water. After sleeping for about 12 hours straight, she has now taken over the whole house! Lil' one is a spitfire. She has made friends with the dogs, and climbs all over me and any furniture in her way. She sleeps with me, wedged between my shoulders and the pillow. I adore her, and I am so glad that I found her. Once her leg is fully healed, she'll be listed for adoption with PFA. As I type this, she is curled up on my lap.

-Sarah

No comments: