Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chuck has a very cute pink nose


This is Chuck. He was brought to us today from a family in McLean (just outside of Regina) who found him yesterday on the side of the road, in very rough shape. He was dehydrated, VERY skinny, cold, and has the worse case of ear mites I have ever seen. And he is filthy - my hands were black after petting him. He's been living rough in the country for quite a while, but is so tame! He has already been up on my lap, and is very lovey. Very vocal too. Of course, we don't have anywhere for him, so he is in my basement room for now. I've already treated his ear mites and will deworm him tomorrow and clean his ears again. We'll try to get him in for a neuter mid week since he really needs it! Maybe by then we'll have an opening in foster care... I think he's about a year and a half.
He is a happy boy now. Already scarfed down a whole can of Fancy Feast.
-Sarah

No comments: