Monday, January 12, 2009

Two brothers saved, two months apart

ROCKY, WARMING UP

As many regular readers might recollect, we rescued a sweet 10 month old male cat from the streets of north central Regina back in November. Charlie was one of two black male kittens adopted last summer by a family across the street from me (definitely NOT from us!), and when fall came they were kicked out to fend for themselves. Charlie quickly figured out that he could get help at my house once it got cold, and I rescued him on a very cold and rainy night. I tried to return him to his original home and was told in no uncertain terms that they were done with the cats. Charlie is now in a lovely foster home with Kelly and her two cats, and we continue to try and find him a great forever home.



To see Charlie's adoption ad, please click HERE



I have kept an eye out for Charlie's sibling since then. In my backyard I have a feeding station and shelter set up for two feral cats, and in the last few weeks I noticed a young black cat hanging about as well. Well, yesterday I went out to top up the food and the water in the heated water dish, and checked the insides of the two shelter boxes, to see if they needed more straw added to them. I opened the lid of the first box, and there, blinking calmly at me, was Rocky! He let me stroke him and pick him up, and so we visited for a while. I took a chance, and ran into the house to grab a carrier and some stinky wet food. I came back out to find Rocky waiting for me in the shed, opened the door of the carrier, put the wet food inside, he walked in to eat, and I closed the door.



Rocky is now contentedly snoozing in my house and he is booked in for a neuter on Wed. We'll foster him, just like Charlie, until he too can be assured of a happy ending with a loving family.

-Sarah

No comments: